
The advertisement for the Dirty Dash 10k said: A mix between military boot camp, and your 5 year old inner child. Of course I thought that was AWESOME. I started to recruite a team, then my sister Diana had a marvelous idea of having our kids on our team with us on team DUG ON.
Let me explain the team name. I have always felt a connection between my Dad and running. He was my hero. I decided to name our team after him. His name was Doug Owen so I came up with the team name DUG ON (Doug Owen) pretty clever HUH! Believe me he would have been proud of these kids. These are the kids who have never met their grandfather unless you count meeting him up in heaven JUST before they were sent down to earth.
Here is TEAM DUG ON just before the race.
This is the team AFTER, the kids were such troopers. No complaining, EVER!




1 comment:
Awesome! You know your Dad is so proud, you girls are great! And I've always been particularly fond of the name Owen :)
Post a Comment