Friday, September 5, 2008

Children Say ................................things.

Here is the scene:
Marco came home on a two week leave from Afghanistan. It was tender to see the girls faces as they were delighted to see their Dad. Even Madilyn (2) was so excited and ran straight to him. These tender memories are imprinted in my heart and mind. I love these memories and remember the times I would welcome him home with pride and excitement. Anyway, back to the story. During his visit I let him do nearly everything for the girls, hoping that he would see the stress and hectic life of a single parent. I took the opportunity to have some time away and gathered a couple friends and headed for a weekend in wendover. We had a lot of fun and I actually won some money. I won $350.00 on a slot machine. I celebrated as if I had hit the big jackpot. It was big for me, I have never won money before. When I returned home I sat on the couch taking turns hugging and holding the girls. I was holding Shaylee and our conversation went something like this.

Shaylee: Mom, where did you go?
Janet: I went to wendover with my friends.
Shaylee: Mom, where did you REALLY go?
Janet: What do you mean, Really.? I went to wendover to have some time with my friends.
Shaylee: Oh,...........pause............ I was just hoping you were out on a date.
Janet: (Choke, gag, laugh) On a date, why?
Shaylee: I want you to be happy, and I want you to get a boyfriend.
Janet: Oh, sweety Thank you for wanting me to be happy, I will see what I can do about that.

The next two days:
Shaylee: Mom do you have a boyfriend yet?

My sweet daughter wants me to be happy, and of course so do I. Her care and concern has given me a different outlook on the whole situation. I could be ready. I need someone I trust so I can go on a few "practice" dates to make sure I don't make too big of a fool out of myself. I have always felt that friendship has to be the 1st step and base of a relationship. So, now I am hoping to find myself some friends. Any suggestions?

10 comments:

Brandelena said...

Ok! That is so sweet! This has been so fun to read your blog. I love all of you and hope to get to see you soon!

kelliemcc said...

I will totally let you borrow Josh for practice. Just remember, he's all hands after the second date.

Jeanine said...

This is exciting...remember our day at Cabela's? Just get a babysitter, head over there on a Friday night!

Chris said...

congrats on the big win!!!! I would be so excited. I'm going to have to think about the dating thing. It will be hard to find someone good enough for you. Traci

Annie said...

Oh, cute little Shaylee! We all want you to be happy too. I second the motion that it would be hard to find someone good enough for you.

p.s. I went to a BBQ at your neighbors the Hansens last night (old High School chums).

White Family said...

It is always fun to get out with the girls. Shaylee is so sweet and has a lot of love for her mommy.

Brandelena said...

Hey Janet! Will you ask Diana if she will add me to her blog so I can see it:))) Also, I can't seem to get Jeanine's again?!?

Emily H said...

Janet
Email me your email address. ehansen4@gmail.com

Cara said...

Sweet Shaylee. We all want you to be happy! I wish I had someone to set you up with.

Jeanine said...

I tagged you! Check my blog to find out what!