Monday, March 16, 2009

Transition and Changes- Going with the Flow

Just over a week ago. Shaylee, Brielle, and Madilyn welcomed their Dad home from Afghanistan. He surprised them early one morning, which made their day. I stayed around most of that day to make sure their adjustment went as smoothly as possible. It only took about an hour and they were glued to him and didn't want to let him go. They wanted Dad to hold them, carry them, tie their shoes, get their food, and my favorite CHANGE THEIR BUMS! Things went well from the start, which is pretty much the opposite of what my mind had been preoccupied imagining.

I am doing a few things for myself and giving them a few weeks of just "Dad time". I am excited about my trip at the end of the month. I am heading to Cancun. I am excited to lay on the beach, relax, and know that my kids are well cared for. I love these girls more than anything in the world. I have done this on my own for so long, and I know there are major adjustments ahead , now that I have to share them. It is not bad, just different, and I realize that time will be the biggest thing to help me adjust. I am grateful for good friends and family who have helped me stay strong through this incredibly growing experience. I believe I am focused on the right things to make this a successful transition and change.

4 comments:

Renee said...

I have seen him at your house and thought that you were probaly grateful for the relief! I am glad that you are taking a little break. Have fun on your trip!!!

Jen said...

The girls look happy! I am excited for you going on a trip! Enjoy your time!

Brenna LaPray said...

Your girls do look very happy. It shows what a great mom you are and how well you have taken care of them. I hope you have a great trip. You deserve it!

Jeanine said...

I am so glad you get this time to recoup! I am jealous of your trip to Mexico. :)