Friday, July 11, 2008

BYE Bye BINKY


This time it's for real. The binky is history. I am on the 2nd night of no binky. Madilyn cried the first night for 70 minutes. Tonight she has cried for 65. I keep thinking it is more cruel for me to go get her after she has cried forever then to just let her cry it out. I have been strong, but still hate to hear my baby cry. I will track her progress, posting gives me something to do to take my mind off the crying. The cutest thing is when she wakes up happy to see me, and forget the torture I caused her the night before.

3 comments:

kelliemcc said...

Crying sucks but I am positive you will be happy once it's over! Don't give in because you'll just have to start all over again. Call me and we can chat through all the tears!!

FamilyMoe said...

Believe me, when it is done and over with it will be HEAVEN! Laney has been off it from a month now...SO worth the long nights. Hang in there! Stay strong! Until later...

Cara said...

I need to take Peytons away, like yesterday. But I think I'm addicted to it as much as she is!

With Abi we cut all the tips of her binkies off. She would try sucking on all of them, look at us like excuse me, these are broken. Then the next day I cut a little more and a little more. Pretty soon she slept with it in her hand for a couple of days. Then she finally just threw it away cuz it was broken. There were few tears, and I will be doing it with Peyton. Now to just do it! You may have inspired me.

You can do it!