Monday, April 20, 2009

I Never Imagined .....................Disneyland with out kids would be so much fun.

Several months ago Shane started giving me hints and clues on where we would be going on our "first date". We've hung out often, spend good time together, but he wanted to make the first date a memorable one. From start to finish, it was truly memorable. Mission accomplished. Well Done!
After the clues, I thought we were going to somewhere in the mountains. The clues included mice, bugs, alien sitings, bears, treasures, walking shoes, and heating my own water. We turned off towards the airport and I knew something was up. I started making a mental list of all the things I should have brought that I didn't. Now that it's over, none of it even mattered. We had a blast.
A limo took us from the airport to our hotel, I felt like a kid. We dropped our luggage off and headed straight to Disneyland for more kid-like fun.



The kids were mad at me when they found out I went to Disneyland without them. I used family and bribery to try to make up for it. They did well and got over it before I returned home. I am very grateful for that. A million Thank you's. I truly enjoyed one of the most thoughtfully planned weekends of my whole entire life. It feels good, and I am enjoying the ride.

9 comments:

kelliemcc said...

AWESOME! I wonder what's planned for your second date?

Renee said...

Holy cow you have been busy having fun! Good for you...a much deserved break for a wonderful lady! Sounds like an absolutely perfect trip...I keep telling Tyler I want to go to Disneyland without kids and he tells me I am crazy. I will have to show him you post!

Jen said...

How fun for you! Bryan and I went to DL in September w/out kids. It was fun to go on just the big kid rides. It looks like you are really happy! I am so excited for you and what the future brings.

JoshuaMcC said...

He screwed up,....you don't want to set the bar that high with the first date. Psssht, Amateur.
Just kidding seems like a good guy.

Dawney said...

I am so happy you had a great time! I get most of the clues, but .... when did you heat up your own water??

Brenna LaPray said...

I need a Shane!

Michael and Kari said...

Wow! Where did you find this guy! Sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you had a good time!

Jeanine said...

What a fun trip! It looks like you guys had a wonderful trip! That is a great surprise. :)

Heather said...

I just found your blog linked on Renee's. I hope you don't mind that I took a peak at your life - everything looks like so much fun!