Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Proposal- in the Spirit of my father

I did not have the kids for Halloween, so we decided to get away and head to Las Vegas. I miss them lots during the "kid friendly" holidays so it is fun to think about getting away. They had fun with Dad, and we headed to VEGAS. When we arrived at the airport the ticket agent tagged our luggage for LAX. I knew Shane had something up his sleeve. He gave me a card to read on the airplane that helped explain the change in plans. The card said that he had never known my Dad, but had been thinking a lot about him lately. He wanted to take me somewhere that he knew my Dad would have enjoyed. He did, we checking into our hotel in Huntington Beach "Surf City" USA. This is definitely a place my Dad loved. We had traveled there as kids and learned to surf on this very beach.

The view from our HOTEL. AMAZING!

Such an amazing view.

We took a walk on the beach at sunset, it was wonderful. There was no one in sight. Shane took the time to share with me his feeling and asked me to MARRY HIM. He wanted my Dad to be a part and knew this was the perfect place.

Look, there is our future.

The Ring. I had told him what I would like, and he worked with my Sister to custom make this beautiful ring. Thanks Jenn, Shane and Park City Jewelers. I love my Ring.
We loved walking up and down the pier, the peacefulness and beauty was indescribable.
Surf City


Here is the spot, we went back to visit in the day light. It's an amazing memory.

The next day the Newly Engaged Couple went to Universal Studios. I have never been and it was fun to see the behind the scenes workings of film and television.

Many rides where crazy and a little too much at times, but overall a lot of fun.


6 comments:

Renee said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you! Was that enough O's for you? We miss seeing your happy face in the neighborhood. Please let me know when the happy day will be. You deserve the best and look as happy as I have seen you in a long time! Congrats!!!!!

kelliemcc said...

That is the sweetest thing! You are one lucky girl, but I think you know that! Congrats!!!!!!!

Emily H said...

How sweet. That is awesome. Congrats!

Joe said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you!

Heidi said...

Congratulations! What a sweet proposal. I'm so happy for you.

Brenna LaPray said...

What a lucky girl you are. I am so excited for you. Congrats!